Tuesday, December 26, 2006

GreenLight Prostate Procedure Patient Report - 1 Week Since Surgery

It's hard to believe that a week and 12 hours have passed since the Green Light PVP tretment for benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). My condition is improving.

On December 24 I called the on-call doctor due to my greatly diminished urinary flow. I wanted to know what to do if the flow stopped completely ("retention"). He said to continue taking 2 Flomax per day and to go to the ER if I went into retention. That would have been a bummer on Christmas Eve.

It didn't happen, and yesterday and today the flow has definitely improved. Perhaps the reason is related to the blood clots I'm starting to see...maybe they were clogging up things? After almost no visible blood for about 4 days, I'm now seeing a little almost every time I go to the bathroom. The doctor told me to expect that, but I thought he meant right after the Green Light procedure. Oh well, whatever.

I ran up the 3 flights of stairs at work today...a little less vigorously than normal, to avoid any un-necessary jostling.

No comments: